Start & end of the festival
Arrival time: please arrive between 14.00 – 17.00 hrs on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
Buffet dinner will be served from 17.30 – 18.45. The opening ceremony will begin at 19.00 hrs.
Departure: the festival ends with lunch on Saturday, 29 July (to be finished by 14.00 hrs).
The festival will be co-led, co-hosted and co-facilitated by the community that gathers there. There is no pre-planned programme (apart from the basic day structure below). There will be structured time in the morning to announce offerings (workshops and other activities) by the participants themselves – primarily for that same day. All the offerings that will be emerging through/for the week, will be visualised on a large board so that you will always know what’s on offer (and what’s perhaps missing, and you may be the one to contribute!).
We hope to create a safe space where the student in one workshop becomes a teacher in another, regardless the experiences and “titles”: the only desired “qualification” is a burning fire inside to share nonviolent communication.
For potential workshop presenters: basic workshop materials (paper, pens) will be available on site. If you need anything extra/specific, please bring it with you (or make sure in some other way that you are well-provided ).
The programme will be based on the following format::
- two workshop sessions per day (with several tracks running simultaneously) where we will explore, experience and experiment with nonviolent communication, and expand our capacity “to live” nonviolent communication daily – plus another slot in the evening,
- about 2 hours per day of Community meeting – one hour in the morning and one in the evening,
- small home/empathy group gatherings,
- various gifts that you are willing to offer and share with others: meditation, dance, walks … [IG1]
Draft daily schedule
- 07.00 – 08.00: Morning offerings (yoga, meditation, walk in nature, jogging …)
- 07.00 – 08.45: Breakfast
- 8.45 – 9.00: Singing/dancing to warm us up
- 09.00 – 10.00: Community meeting (Remembering, daily programme announcements)
- 10.15 – 12.00: Workshop 1
- 12.00 – 14.00: Lunch
- 14.00 – 14.30: Self-care time
- 14.30 – 16.30: Workshop II
- 16.30 – 17.00: Coffee break
- 17.00 – 18.00: Home/Empathy Groups
- 18.00 – 19.45: Dinner
- 20.00 – 21.00: Community meeting (announcements/reflections of day)
- 21.00 – 22.30: Evening offerings (workshops, dance, campfire …)
We will be meeting daily for an hour (17.00 – 18.00) with the same group of people (approx 4 group members), to reflect on how we are doing as individuals and community.