Start & end of the festival
Arrival time: please arrive between 14.00 – 17.00 hrs on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
Buffet dinner will be served from 17.30 – 18.45. The opening ceremony will begin at 19.00 hrs.
Departure: the festival ends with lunch on Saturday, 29 July (to be finished by 14.00 hrs).
The festival will be co-led, co-hosted and co-facilitated by the community that gathers there. There is no pre-planned programme (apart from the basic day structure below). There will be structured time in the morning to announce offerings (workshops and other activities) by the participants themselves – primarily for that same day. All the offerings that will be emerging through/for the week, will be visualised on a large board so that you will always know what’s on offer (and what’s perhaps missing, and you may be the one to contribute!).
We hope to create a safe space where the student in one workshop becomes a teacher in another, regardless the experiences and “titles”: the only desired “qualification” is a burning fire inside to share nonviolent communication.
For potential workshop presenters: basic workshop materials (paper, pens) will be available on site. If you need anything extra/specific, please bring it with you (or make sure in some other way that you are well-provided ).
The programme will be based on the following format::
- three workshop sessions per day (with several tracks running simultaneously) where we will explore, experience and experiment with nonviolent communication, and expand our capacity “to live” nonviolent communication daily,
- about 2 hours per day of Community meeting – one hour in the morning and one in the evening,
- small empathy group gatherings,
- various gifts that you are willing to offer and share with others: meditation, dance, walks … [IG1]
Draft daily schedule
- 07.00 – 08.00: Morning offerings (yoga, meditation, walk in nature, jogging …)
- 07.30 – 09.00: Breakfast
- 09.00 – 10.00: Circle community time (Gathering)
- 10.30 – 12.00: Workshop 1
- 12.00 – 14.00: Lunch
- 14.00 – 15.30: Workshop 2
- 15.30 – 16.30: Selfcare time
- 16.30 – 18.00: Sharing groups (Empathy groups)
- 18.00 – 19.30: Dinner
- 19.45 – 20.45: Cirlce community time (Gathering)
- 21.00 – 22.30: Evening offerings (workshops, dance, campfire …)
At the start of the festival we will be helping people through small empathy groups. We will try to make sure that every group has at least one person who has sufficient empathy skills to help others who are newer to the idea of giving/receiving empathy. If you are unhappy with the group you are in, please speak up and request a change.